Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Typical "Dees" trip


Sorry for all of the new posts today. But for those who are members of the Dees family, this photo kind of sums up most of our trips. VerLynn and Preston left Idaho yesterday to go back to Arizona. VerLynn was pulling a trailer and Preston was taking his truck back to Arizona. Yesterday the wheel came off of the trailer and they had to stop in Beaver Dam and spend the night while they got new lug nuts for the wheel. I guess they got it back on the road but it still had issues so they were worried about getting it home without another mishap. Well, the trailer made it home, but Preston had his turn, his front tire blew out and they slid off the road sideways! Everyone was ok though. I am not sure of the exact details, but they must have put on the spare. When they got to Flagstaff they noticed the other tire was about to go so they tried to find another one. It is now 11:20 p.m. and VerLynn made it home, but Preston is still in Flagstaff waiting for Deryk to bring him a tire, guess they couldn't find a spare in Flagstaff.

5 comments:

  1. A seminary teacher had that happen to him this year and it killed his teenage son (he ended up rolling). I am thankful they are all okay. I guess you have no control over what happens to you on a trip. But from now on I will be thinking about my tires whenever we travel. I bet Melanie is tired. Nothings worse than having car trouble on the last leg of a 16 hr drive (with a kid and pregnant). I guess Tiffani can relate (with six kids but not pregnant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I was wondering if I wrote the right month. I get mar. and may switched around alot. Sienna is May 15th so that doesn't help. dates don't seem to be that important to me. Now I don't like to be late so time is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO glad they finally made it safely back. Little Preston has been entertaining us and we LOVE having them here. Hope you are not freezing to death and that you are not getting too lonely!

    Crytal and Spencer Elldridge, Teal and Liz Reidhead's daughter had an 8 month old baby boy that died yesterday morning. Liz's blog explains more, it is "Lizard's Roost" on my blog. So very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught up on your blog... you have got a GORGEOUS bunch of grandkids!!! I can't believe Tiff already has SIX. I would love to have six!

    I'm adding you to my blogroll so I can keep up with your comings and goings. I'm off to visit Tiff's blog.

    ReplyDelete