Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two opposite views

I was talking to Spencer on the phone this morning and I walked into the kitchen and just about started screaming when I looked down and this was the sight I saw




But then tonight I looked out the window and this is the sight I get to enjoy every night. The picture will not do the sight justice, but you get the picture. If you double click on it, it looks a lot better. This is the Rexburg Temple and it is beautiful And by the way, the mouse is still there because I am a weany and don't want to get it out of here. Oh, it is dead, it ate the mice bait and then came inside to die! The snow all melted and then the mice showed up. Where have they been hiding while it was freezing and full of snow? You would think they would run inside to get warm while the snow is covering everything and then enjoy the outside when it melts! I need to have a talk with the rodent family. I'll tell them to stay away from me while I'm at it. Guess I need to go get a dust pan and buck up and get that dead mouse out of here!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like one of the pioneers who died a couple of hours before they reached Salt Lake. I walked past that temple from when they poured the foundation. I use to have talks with Brandon as we walked passed it about what temples meant, and about the temple being the Lords house. He'd ask me deep questions and I'd dream about the day it was completed. I saw each step of it being built, and felt the excitement as I saw it transform into a beautiful temple. Than we moved, and I believe four months later it was dedicated. And now it's almost been two years since we moved and I still haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sight to see that temple!
    C'mon Jill, you can do it, sweep up the mouse, at least it's dead!
    It does make you wonder where do they go when its so cold and snowy there. I think about the gophers up in Big Bear, where do they go during the snow and why do they show up in my garden in the spring?
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete