Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Letter to Home

Here is Nathanael's letter typed as well as I can figure out his handwriting.

Dear Family,
I got your letter (that would my Mom's letter) and I don't really think you would want to know what I'm going through.  I think it's enough to say that the past couple weeks have been terrible in pretty much every way.  I'm getting pretty decent at marching though and I've been issued a brand new MIGA4 rifle so I will be the first to shoot that particular one in a couple weeks when we go up north.  The church here is awesome but it takes everything I got to make it to the next Sunday.  I found a chocolate milk dispenser thing at chow though so I think I will survive.  Is Bruno still around or has he killed over yet?  They say we're at the point where (I can not  figure out what this next word is, it looks like PT, but not sure)  PT gets harder but the rest of life starts getting easier.  We probably should have tied a rope in the shop so I could've learned to climb it, so far that's the only challenge I've failed in.  My body feels pretty torn up so I should be fairly beastly at the end of this.  Well, I got 2 weeks done with 11 more to go so I can't wait to be home.
Sincerely,
Nathanael
PS  If anybody wants to write me feel free to give out my address

1 comment:

  1. Poor guy! He's definitely going to learn alot from all this. PT must be physical Training. You probably figured that out by now though.

    ReplyDelete