Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Custer's Last Stand


These pictures are in a random order. I am in Rexburg and VerLynn, Preston and Nathanael have been working in Montana. They came to Rexburg for the week end. We had a father's day dinner Saturday night of steaks and mushrooms. Sunday morning we got up and got all dressed up to go to church. When we got there no cars were anywhere. I guess they had Stake Conference so we drove to another building in Rexburg and there were cars so we went to that Ward. We left after church to head to Montana after our yummy lunch of toasted tuna and cheese snandwiches. VerLynn wanted to take Nathanael to the Little Big horn so we stopped by there on our way to Chris's. (Yes, I went to Montana too for the night) Above is a picture of Custer's uniforms. All of the pictures were taken at the sites of the battles. I tried to add another picture after I published this post and when I moved the picture down, it moved down the words too. So I am going to publish it just this way. The picture just above is the area where Custer died and it marks his spot and the spot where all his men died. Below is the one that has his name on it.

Two cowboys. Nathanael & Preston. Preston got that hat for Father's day. Some day he might forgive us that he was up here on Father's day and not with his wife and baby! :(

Preston sitting in the Sebring with the top down
VerLynn in the car. Funny story about that car. We took the top down so that we could be comfortable and enjoy the scenery and a hail/rain storm dumped down on us faster than we could put the top up. It lasted about 60 seconds, just long enough to get us soaked and passed. We put the top back down


This is a monument for all of the soldiers that died with Custer. They have these little head stones all over the land marking where the soldiers and Indians died. The bottom one is Custers. The unburried all of the bodies and put them in a mass grave below the monument to them above.


3 comments:

  1. It looks so GREEN and beautiful! Last year we went to Idaho TWICE and loved it...BUT I have to admit I LOVE having Melanie and Preston here even more! Looks like a grand adventure. Your boys look mighty handsome in those cowboy hats.

    Enjoy the weather there...when I left the temple today my car said it was 109...HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drive from here to Montana was one of the most beautiful drives I have taken. This time of the year, especially with all of the rain they have been having, everything is green and the rivers are running almost out of their banks. It was worth every hour I had to drive. If this was January, I think I would have a different story! I am loving the cool weather and not missing the heat!

    ReplyDelete