Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to my mom, although she will never see this post.  She is a great mom and she taught us all a lot.  It is sad to see her with alzheimer's now, but she accomplished much in her life.  She never sat still, if she was watching tv, she was also sewing or knitting, or crocheting.  The house was always clean and she stayed at home to take care of us.  She taught us the gospel of Jesus Christ even when my dad was not a member of the church for 17 years of their marriage.  She never nagged him about joining but she was a great example of the gospel.  My mom had 3 daughters and I only remember owning 2 dresses that were bought from the store.  She sewed all of them, and that was a big job because we grew up when girls always wore dresses to school, so we had several school dresses and then we had our Sunday dresses.  And you never wore your Sunday dress to school and you certainly Never wore a school dress to church because they were too casual.  She was a great example to all of us.
Me, Lorraine and Marti.  I am assuming she made those dresses, but I obviously do not remember.  (side note, who thinks I look like Megan in this picture?)
And how could I leave out my wonderful mother in law, although she is gone, I would like to honor her, she was a grand lady and a wonderful person
Lillian and Naris
Lillian holding Deryk on our way home from the hospital with him.  She loved her grandbabies
Wow, I just made this connection, this is Lillian holding Deryk's oldest baby, Brandon.  How cool is that? 

4 comments:

  1. I think David looks like you in that picture but I may be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It weird cause you look just like David and Meagan in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the eyes and the forehead

    ReplyDelete