Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He's Home and so are We!


All the pictures were uploaded in the wrong order so I am going to just deal with it. This is a picture of Deryk, Aaron, Preston and VerLynn visiting. After we got home today everyone showed up to see Aaron. We were noticeably missing Spencers family (he had to work) and Tiffani's family (they are in Utah) But is was great to have everyone here.

This is Aaron with Preston, Kelsie, and Connor. All of them were born while he was on his mission. Oops, David is missing, he should be in this picture. But Preston isn't shown very well either unless you like the back of people's heads

Aaron and Preston

This is what the back seat of the car looked like the whole way home. We stopped at my Aunt Mildreds house in Knoxville on the way home and she had a bunch of heirlooms and other stuff to give me. We fit it all in and there was even room left for me to sit by the other door.

This is a very poor picture of the doll my Aunt gave to me and my sisters (don't know how we are going to split it in three). It belonged to my grandmother Fisher and is from the 1880's. It was so scary to pack up and bring across the country for fear of breaking it. But it made it all in one piece.

My Aunt Mildred, me and Aaron. (disclaimer, all of the pictures of me back east look really weird because my hair and the humidity didn't get along, the curl wanted to do it's own thing)

This is a picture of the three that were baptized the day after Aaron was released. We stayed so that Aaron could participate, he baptized the daughter, then he confirmed the son on Sunday. Aaron is in the back with what I thought were the two elders that stayed in the area, but one of them is a ward member (on the right) and I think the other one is an elder. I guess I put up the wrong picture. It was a great day and what a neat opportunity for Aaron to be able to be there at the baptism of the family he worked with. What a great ward it was too. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting the people. The all said how much they loved Aaron and what a great missionary he was.

4 comments:

  1. so glad you made it home save and sound. Looks like the nephews and nieces are going to love their uncle Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't get Deryk and Aaron singing the N.C mission song. That was too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELCOME HOME! It sounds like a wonderful trip. How exciting to get to be there for a baptism...and meet people that Aaron taught. Good job MOM...another son returning with honor!
    That little Connor is SO tiny and CUTE...Oh I am getting so excited for Melanie and Preston's little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you loving every moment of Aaron being home. I saw him holding Connor and I'm sure it won't be long before he has his very own wife and babe too.

    ReplyDelete