Sunday, May 3, 2009

Simple pleasures for simple people


I love the fact that I now have a headboard! It makes me so happy every time I go into my bedroom. We have been without a headboard since 1987 when we had our fire. It's interesting, since then we have bought new couches, several t.vs, a new front room set, new washer and dryers, new friges, but for some reason we still have the same bedroom dressers that were given to us after our fire from Mal and Deanna Gurr. (thank you again for them, they are still appreciated and you guys are the greatest) It is a set they bought in 1975! I still have the dressers, but now with the new (used from Craig's list) headboard, I feel like I'm in a whole new room. Maybe someday I'll have all new furniture in here, but for now I am happy!

6 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the bedroom is the last thing to do since you don't often entertain people in there. My room is usually the last room I clean, but when it looks good I just want to hang out in there.
    The headboard looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like it. I should check craigs list for one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are those end tables new too or am I just not remembering them? I like them, and the plant on the end table closest to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What little things can do for us, It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey what picture is that above your bed? is it one Mom did? It looks real similar to one she did for me. I wish I could zoom in on yours!

    ReplyDelete