Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Final Goodby's

We had a funeral for my dad in Arizona on the 2nd of December and in Utah on the 4th.  Both services were really nice and it was so great to see cousins that I haven't seen for awhile.  In Arizona my Aunt Mildred (my dad's only living sibling) came wither her son Ken, my other cousins, Sherrie Tarwater, Martha High, and Angie Damron, and Joe Fisher all flew in for the funeral from Tenessee and Florida.  I love them so much and was so grateful that they came.  Then in Utah I saw cousins on my mom's side that I haven't seen for a long time too as well as my Aunt LoDees and my Aunt JoAnn, both my mom's sisters.  Mom couldn't make the trip to Utah, so she missed that service.  Below are some of the pictures of both Arizona and Utah. 
This is where my dad was buried in the Beaver Dam Cemetery.  The white behind is snow and the cemetery is on the top of a hill.  We were behind the hertz going up the hill and it fish tailed the whole way up. 

Nathanael was able to come home from his training in Virginia.  He looked awesome and I wish he could have made it to Utah where they did the military honors at the grave, but we were grateful to have him in Arizona. 

So glad Tiffani and Micah live close to Beaver Dam so they were able to come.  Thanks for the yummy food you fed us too! 

I love my relatives.  This is a picture of Shawn (Lorraine's son) and Sherrie Fisher Tarwater and Martha Fisher High, I have cut Aunt Mildred out of this one.  I'll keep looking for the one with her in it.  Aunt Mildred and Ken came from Florida and the rest came from Tennessee.  I know that is a great expense and we appreciate it. 

I thought I had a better picture of Aunt Mildred.  If I find it, I'll put it in later.  Aunt Mildred is on the couch and Marti is on the right and my mom is sitting next to her.  You can see someone holding mom's hand and that is Ken, my cousin.  He is such a dear man, he sat there and held her hand for quite awhile.  Did I mention that I love my relatives? 
Marti is in this picture and there is a better shot of my mom and my cousin Ken.  My other cousin Joe Fisher is standing in the back and Terry (Lorraine's husband) is sitting in the chair. 
This is in Beaver Dam, this is Lorraine with our cousin David Richards. 

3 comments:

  1. everything here in AZ was great the funeral was awesome. Glad all went well in Utah. Sorry for your dads passing but (remember the song) we'll be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - it's a hearse not a hertz :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, thought we rented that car! love you too!

    ReplyDelete