I don't have pictures but just wanted to share some tender mercies in my life. I an going to consolidate the stories so if you want details you will have to ask.
Last week VerLynn and I made a trip home from Rexburg. 4" of snow fell the morning we left to come home. I was driving the used to be uhaul truck loaded with lots of stuff and VerLynn was driving his diesel truck pulling a trailer with the tractor on it. So here starts the tender mercies we received from the Lord:
1. VerLynn was able to back up and still get on the on ramp to the freeway without any problems after his truck didn't stop for the turn.
2. I was smart enough not to try to turn on the freeway ramp when my truck did not stop for the turn and I was so blessed that no one was in the lane next to me at the time as I had to go straight from the left turn lane. Then I was blessed not to pass out from fear :0) as I had to find a place to turn around and go back to the freeway.
3. Nothing happened to me or VerLynn while we were driving in the snow on the freeway, even though an suv wasn't so lucky and was flipped over on the side of the road! (Keep in mind I have never driven in snow, let alone a uhaul truck on top of it!)
4. The roads cleared up after we got through Idaho Falls and they stayed cleared! I was finally able to relax and my stomach quit hurting from the stress.
5. We were able to find an all night tire repair place in St George (thanks to Lori and Trevor) to put a new tire on the trailer VerLynn was pulling after he had a blow out.
6. The tire repair guy was still there when the tire popped again after a few feet of driving. (seems a spring broke on the trailer and that is why the tire popped.) Wasn't cheap but thank heaven there was a way to get a tire at night on a Friday.
7. Lori and Trevor got us a cheap room on line in Las Vegas so we didn't have to drive through the night and I was able to maneuver the traffic of Las Vegas on a Friday night when there is tons of traffic while driving a uhaul trying to find the hotel ( VerLynn was behind me because of the tire problem at this time)
8. I was able to find the hotel! And I was able to find a place to park the u haul and VerLynn's truck with the trailer on it.
9. The uhaul overheated when there was a place to get help and no in the middle of no where. And if you have driven from Kingman to Phoenix, you know there is a LOT of nowhere to have been stranded in!
10. An old man was home and willing to help us with his water hose.
11. Even thought we could see water streaming out of the motor somewhere, I was able to make it home the rest of the way without the truck over heating.
12. We made it home all in one piece with many blessing to count! I am so glad to be home and I am so glad the roads here are lined with heat and dirt and not snow and ice.
13. Almost forgot a huge one. So grateful that VerLynn come up to came back with me. I was going to just bring the uhaul home by myself, but he decided to come up and get the tractor. What a huge blessing that was that I had him with me. We bought walkie talkies at Walmart so he was able to help me on the way and he was there when problems happened so I didn't have to deal with anything alone.
2 days ago


Wow! That is one exciting day.At least now you know your heart is good and won't kill you over stress. Glad you made it home safe, thanks to all those blessings.
ReplyDeleteMercy! what a trip but I think you are used to it. The tires and all that good stuff. Glad that u made it home safe and if i ever need someone to drive a u-haul i am calling u.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love how you recognize amid the adversity that you faced, all of the blessings provided to you and VerLynn. I think that Father is so pleased when we look not so much at the trial but at how we blessed through out the trial. You have always been one of my favorite people...someone I always would look to for an example. Thanks for sharing these tender mercies.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it home safe! What a trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were protected. What a hard trip, and driving on the ice is so so so not fun!
ReplyDeleteWhew!! I'm glad you're safe too! That is quite the story.
ReplyDeleteYou must have some VERY good AND VERY busy protecting angels assigned to you!! Glad you are home safe!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Jill, what a terrible trip home. Glad to hear you made it home safely. We left Big Bear this morning with it snowning, so glad we made it out of there before it got worse! I hate snow....Big Bear got the most snow in years. We couldn't even get down our driveway. In fact, we just walked over our big gate in front. There was that much snow to just walk over it! Did I say I hate snow? LOL
ReplyDelete~Ann